WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Richard Miller Died Of Smoke Inhalation

Last updated on Thursday, June 21, 2012

(PEKIN) - The man who died in a camper fire last Wednesday has been identified.

Stephanie Taylor Ferriell of the Leader Democrate reports that Richard Miller, 54, apparently died of smoke inhalation, said Captain Roger Newlon of the Washington County Sheriff's Department. An autopsy was performed.

The fire, which involved one of two campers at 5897 Old Pekin Rd., was reported by a passerby. Miller's wife was in the other camper' neighbors got her out and that vehicle sustained only superficial damage.

Newlon said the State Fire Marshal investigated, but the fire was so quick and hot it would be very difficult to determine an origin. The fire was not suspicious in nature.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page