News Sections
Richard Miller Died Of Smoke Inhalation
Updated May 5, 2013 1:07 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(PEKIN) - The man who died in a camper fire last Wednesday has been identified.

Stephanie Taylor Ferriell of the Leader Democrate reports that Richard Miller, 54, apparently died of smoke inhalation, said Captain Roger Newlon of the Washington County Sheriff's Department. An autopsy was performed.

The fire, which involved one of two campers at 5897 Old Pekin Rd., was reported by a passerby. Miller's wife was in the other camper' neighbors got her out and that vehicle sustained only superficial damage.

Newlon said the State Fire Marshal investigated, but the fire was so quick and hot it would be very difficult to determine an origin. The fire was not suspicious in nature.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File