(BEDFORD) - A fire at 1208 Lincoln Avenue that started Wednesday night was extinguished Thursday morning.
Fire Inspector David Wright says the cause of the blaze is under investigation.
According to Bedford Fire Chief Jon Wagner, the apartment complex owned by Judy Cunnington is gutted and will probably need tore down. The home had a flat roof and then a pitched roof built over top, which caused the fire to be trapped between layers.
Thursday morning firefighters cut off the remaining roof to extinguish the blaze. Firefighters were able to contain the fire and stop it from damaging the neighboring residence.
Wagner says there was smoke damage to the home on the north side and the home at 1212 Lincoln Avenue was being checked to see if water got into the basement.
Resident Sarah Michaels says she was doing laundry and had clothes in the dryer when her mother Kimberly Gray noticed a fire behind the dryer.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com