WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Man Saves Twin From House Fire

Last updated on Friday, June 15, 2012

(NASHVILLE) - A Nashville man had to pull his twin brother from a burning room after he fell asleep while smoking.

The fire was reported at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at a home in the 100 block of Lower Owl Creek Road, the Brown County Democrat reports.

When firefighters arrived, they found the fire contained to one room and Richard Zieg suffering from second- and third-degree burns over most of his body. His twin brother, Zachary, had dragged his brother out of the fire.

It wasn't clear weather both men, who are in their 40s, were home when the fire started, or if the burned man had been home alone.

Richard Zieg was flown via medical helicopter to Wishard Memorial Hospital in Indianapolis, where a hospital representative said he was in stable condition Thursday.

The fire damage was contained to one room of the house, firefighters said, but there was smoke damage throughout the house.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page