News Sections
Man Saves Twin From House Fire
Updated May 5, 2013 1:07 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(NASHVILLE) - A Nashville man had to pull his twin brother from a burning room after he fell asleep while smoking.

The fire was reported at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at a home in the 100 block of Lower Owl Creek Road, the Brown County Democrat reports.

When firefighters arrived, they found the fire contained to one room and Richard Zieg suffering from second- and third-degree burns over most of his body. His twin brother, Zachary, had dragged his brother out of the fire.

It wasn't clear weather both men, who are in their 40s, were home when the fire started, or if the burned man had been home alone.

Richard Zieg was flown via medical helicopter to Wishard Memorial Hospital in Indianapolis, where a hospital representative said he was in stable condition Thursday.

The fire damage was contained to one room of the house, firefighters said, but there was smoke damage throughout the house.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File