Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Monday, June 11, 2012
(UNDATED) - Here’s a look at the week ahead for Bedford and the surrounding area.
* The state's new smoking ban will affect many businesses when it goes into effect July 1. With that in mind, Karen DuBois of Hoosier Uplands will lead a Bedford Smoke-Free Seminar Thursday from 9-10 a.m. in the Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce, 1116 16th St. DuBois will discuss the implementation of the statewide ban and answer questions about the ban's effects on area businesses.
* Mitchell School Board, 6 p.m., June 11, Administration Building.
* The North Lawrence School Board, 7 p.m., June 14, in the Administration Building.
* Bedford Public Library's free summer reading festival will feature a lot more than books. The festival, from 4:30-7 p.m. Thursday, will include games, prizes, snacks and a lot more. The library is at 1323 K St.
* Mitchell Board of Works, 4 p.m., June 12, Mitchell City Hall.
* Thorne's Homes, 3211 Ind. 37, will host a free community open house Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The events will range from a corn hole tournament to clinics on safe car seats. Many area businesses will have displays and other offerings of interest.
* Bedford City Council, 7 p.m. June 12, Bedford City Hall.
* The annual Relay for Life fundraiser for the American Cancer Society will begin with opening ceremonies at 7 p.m. Friday and the annual luminary ceremony at dusk. It will continue overnight into Saturday at Parkview Track.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at email@example.com
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page