News Sections
Audio
Bird Nest Sparks Small Fire
Updated May 5, 2013 1:07 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(AVOCA) - A bird nest started a small fire at a home in the 2600 block of Avoca-Eureka Raod.

The caller phoned at 11:03 p.m. Tuesday requesting the fire department after the front porch light started smoking.

The bird nest got hot and caught on fire. The homeowners extinguished the small fire before firefighters arrived and the homeowners called back saying the fire was out.

But firefighters from Marshall Volunteer Fire Department responded to make sure everything was okay.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2014 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  About  |  Feedback