WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Air Conditioning Unit Catches Fire At Motel

Last updated on Tuesday, June 5, 2012

(BEDFORD) - The Bedford Fire Department responded to a fire at the Super Motel 8 Saturday after reports of smoke in room 222.

According to Bedford Fire Department Chief Jon Wagner the fire was out when firefighters arrived.

Firefighters discovered the smoke was caused when an air conditioning unit in the room began throwing off sparks and had a small fire.

An employee had unplugged the unit before firefighters arrived.

There was minimal damage to the room.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page