News Sections
Air Conditioning Unit Catches Fire At Motel
Updated May 5, 2013 1:07 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - The Bedford Fire Department responded to a fire at the Super Motel 8 Saturday after reports of smoke in room 222.

According to Bedford Fire Department Chief Jon Wagner the fire was out when firefighters arrived.

Firefighters discovered the smoke was caused when an air conditioning unit in the room began throwing off sparks and had a small fire.

An employee had unplugged the unit before firefighters arrived.

There was minimal damage to the room.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File