Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Tuesday, May 15, 2012
(UNDATED) - As Orange County HomeGrown has new employees. Kimberly Arnold of Rego was hired in January to serve as the market manager. Michelle Jones of Bedford has been hired as events coordinator for the markets.
Roger Moon, of the Times-Mail reports, the Orleans market will kick off on Saturday with the traditional opening day ceremony at 10 a.m.
Arnold says there are currently 80 vendors registered.
Visitors on the first day will see a selection that will include green onions, beets, radishes and carrots. Arnold said strawberries could possibly be available, as well.
That's in addition to various syrups and homemade crafts that will be offered for sale.
A goal for Orange County HomeGrown was to establish the new market site this year in Paoli and that's going to happen. So far 16 vendors have registered to sell in Paoli.
Orange County HomeGrown also has scheduled a fundraiser to support its farmers' markets. A lawn chair concert featuring Slats Klug and friends of Brown County is planned for 7 p.m. on June 30 at Paoli Peaks.
Vendors will be present beginning at 6 p.m. Tickets ($12 in advance and $15 on the day of the event) will allow for admission, and those attending can purchase from a selection of food and beverages available from the Lost River Market and Deli.
Bedford Farmers' Market
Allison Roodschild, one of the organizers of farmers' markets in Bedford, says Bedford Farmer's Market kicked off May 12th.
Vendors wanting to participate can sign a contact at the market or at the Lawrence County Extension Office.
The 2012 farmers' market schedule is:
* Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., west side of the Lawrence County Courthouse, Bedford, through October.
* Tuesdays, 1-6 p.m., Thornton Park Pavilion, Bedford, begins Tuesday and runs through October.
* Saturdays, 8 a.m. to noon, Congress Square in Orleans, begins May 19 and runs through October.
* Tuesdays, 1:30-5 p.m., next to the Indiana Railway Museum, French Lick, begins May 22 and runs through September.
* Thursdays, 2-6 p.m., in the parking lot south of the Paoli Presbyterian Church, begins May 24 and runs through September.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page