(MORGAN COUNTY) - Troopers from the Indiana State Police Bloomington Post will be conducting a sobriety check point at an undisclosed location in Morgan County this Friday.
Those drivers passing through the check point area should have their licenses and registrations ready to present to troopers and will only be detained briefly while troopers determine whether further investigation is necessary.
The purpose of the sobriety check point is to remove those motorists from the highways who are alcohol and or drug impaired and those who pose danger to all who use the roadways. Impaired drivers are responsible for billions of dollars in property damage, personal injury, and death annually.
- Plan ahead and always designate a sober driver before consuming alcohol.
- Don't drive your vehicle if you've been drinking alcohol. Call a taxi or a sober friend.
- Take care of your friends. Never let a friend drive while impaired. Take their keys.
- If you are hosting a party, always offer non-alcoholic beverages. Make sure all of your guests leave with a sober driver.
- Never provide alcohol to anyone under the legal drinking age of 21.
Motorists encountering another vehicle being operated erratically are encouraged to dial 911 or call the Bloomington Indiana State Police Post at (812) 332-4411 or 800-423-1286 and be prepared to give a description of the vehicle, location, and direction of travel.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org