WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Gas Spills On Woman, Bedford Firefighters Clean Up Spill

Last updated on Monday, May 21, 2012

(BEDFORD) - A woman was covered with gas as she was pumping fuel at the Marathon Station on 16th Street Saturday morning.

According to Bedford Police Chief Dennis Parsley the hose had a leak and spilled on the woman and ground.

Bedford Fire Department Chief Jon Wagner says firefighters used absorbent pads to soak up the spill.

"There is a storm sewer drain there and we didn't want it to get into the water system," Wagner says. "That's why we used the absorbent pads."

Firefighters checked the woman at the scene for injuries.

"Gasoline can be pretty nasty stuff and will burn the skin," Wagner says. "If you get it on you, you want to remove the clothing and drench the skin that was exposed to the gas."

An ambulance also responded, but the woman refused to go to the hospital.

Parsley says they were lucky no one was injured and there was no fire.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page