WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Fire Guts Home Of Linton Family

Last updated on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

(LINTON) - A fire on Monday night gutted the home of Ron and Judy Jerrell.

The Linton couple has lived in the home for almost 47 years and are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary today.

Linton Fire Chief Brad Sparks says the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction and started in the front porch area.

Judy had just went to bed and Ron was watching the news, when the smoke detector sounded around 11 p.m.

Ron noticed that the lights were off in the kitchen and went to check the electrical fuse box.

In the meantime Judy woke their son 48-year-old Robbie, who is suffering with cancer.

By that time Ron found the eaves of the house were on fire.

Chief Sparks says the interior of the home is nearly a total loss, but the couple were able to remove some personal items.

Firefighters were on the scene for almost 2 hours battling the blaze.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page