News Sections
Fire Guts Home Of Linton Family
Updated May 5, 2013 1:07 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(LINTON) - A fire on Monday night gutted the home of Ron and Judy Jerrell.

The Linton couple has lived in the home for almost 47 years and are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary today.

Linton Fire Chief Brad Sparks says the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction and started in the front porch area.

Judy had just went to bed and Ron was watching the news, when the smoke detector sounded around 11 p.m.

Ron noticed that the lights were off in the kitchen and went to check the electrical fuse box.

In the meantime Judy woke their son 48-year-old Robbie, who is suffering with cancer.

By that time Ron found the eaves of the house were on fire.

Chief Sparks says the interior of the home is nearly a total loss, but the couple were able to remove some personal items.

Firefighters were on the scene for almost 2 hours battling the blaze.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File