Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Thursday, April 12, 2012
(BEDFORD) - We’re just a few weeks away from voters casting ballots in the primary election.
Along with voting for a Republican candidate to run against President Barack Obama in the fall, Indiana voters will help choose a senator and fill other offices.
Lawrence County voters can now take part in early voting by casting ballots from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. weekdays for the next four weeks at the clerk's office in the City-County building, as well as vote on the two weekends before election day, which is Tuesday, May 8.
Officials say high voter turnout during early voting is generally an indication of high voter turnout on election day. Since voters will be deciding who spends the next four years in the White House, turnout is expected to be high. Voters told Eyewitness News it's important to come out and do your civic duty for both the general election and the primaries.
Both Republicans and Democrats are urging voters to get out and vote in the primary.
Voter can cast ballots at the Voter Registration Office in the courthouse. Both North and South entrances to the courthouse will be open. Ramp and elevator access is available at the South entrance.
Voters must present a valid government-issued photo identification before a ballot will be issued. A driver's license, state identification, or federal identification can be used.
Early Voting Hours
* April 9-13, 8:30 a.m. to Noon, closed for lunch Noon to 1 p.m. Open again at 1p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
* April 16-20, 8:30 a.m. to Noon, closed for lunch Noon to 1 p.m. Open again at 1p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
* April 23-27, 8:30 a.m. to Noon, closed for lunch Noon to 1 p.m. Open again at 1p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
* April 30 - May 4, 8:30 a.m. to Noon, closed for lunch Noon to 1 p.m. Open again at 1p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
* Saturday April 28, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* Saturday May 5, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Lunch times may vary depending on lines leading up to the break.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at email@example.com
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page