(CARLISLE) - Authorities have released the cause of a fire that happened in the laundry area of the Wabash Valley Correctional Facility in Carlisle.
The fire happened in January.
Authorities say the cause was spontaneous combustion.
The fire caused $1 million in damage to the building and its contents.
Prison officials say they will decide by the end of April whether to restore the current building or rebuild, which they estimate would cost about $1.5 million.
Officials say the project should be complete by the end of the year.
In the meantime, all laundry at the prison is being taken to the Putnamville Correctional Facility.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org