News Sections
Audio
Construction Workers Cause Gas Leak In Seymour
Updated May 5, 2013 1:06 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(SEYMOUR) - Seymour Fire Department was at a natural gas leak at Fourth and Chestnut streets downtown Monday morning.

It appears the leak resulted from a construction crew in the area working on the city's ongoing sewer separation project.

Residents at Chestnut Motor Inn were advised to leave, but some remained.

The Seymour Police Department said that the leak was reported at 10:14 a.m. and it was crimped off shortly after 11 a.m.

Vectren workers were on the scene.

Downtown traffic is being blocked around the U.S. Post Office.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2014 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  About  |  Feedback