(BEDFORD) - Members of the Bedford Board of Works approved a contract with Bonar Group to do an assessment of the sewer system in Bedford.
Jeff Dewitt, of Bonar Group says the assessment will map out the sewer lines, look at deficiencies in the lines and then the group will propose projects to fix those deficiencies.
In other business:
* The board opened and reviewed bids for a triple combination pumper fire truck for the Bedford Fire Department. The board received bids from six companies. The bids were taken under advisement.
* The board approved the placement of a street light on 19th Street, east of C Street near the Lions Club storage garage.
* The board approved the placement of two street lights on Ike Underwood Lane. There is currently a street light at the entrance of the addition. One will be place in the middle and one on the north end of the addition.
* The board approved the placement of two street lights on Smith Drive and two for River Bluff Road.
* The board approved the replacement of a new storm sewer line in Green Hill Cemetery.
Utilities Director Misty Adams says the current line conflicts with possible gravesites and needs moved. Adams and City Attorney Gregg Pittman meet with the Green Hill Cemetery Association and are in the process of drawing up a contract that will allow the city to move the line.
The city will provide the man power and the Association will pay the estimated $10,000 for the new pipe. The city currently owns the older section of the cemetery and pays the Association $2,500 a year to upkeep the property. The Association has asked the city to apply the next four years of upkeep money toward the purchase of the pipe.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com