Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Wednesday, February 1, 2012
(ORLEANS) - Planning of the 44th Dogwood Festival is continuing. The theme of “My Hometown Is…” sets the tone for this year’s celebration.
Events and entertainment confirmed for this years festival are:
* The Dogwood Festival Queen Contest which will be held on Friday night April 27th at 6:30 pm. The Prom being on Saturday has made it necessary to make this change, for just this year.
*The Town -wide yard sale will be Friday and Saturday April 27th and 28th. Email email@example.com for more information.
* On Saturday, April 28th, the Tri Kappa Breakfast will be held at the Elementary School Cafeteria from 6:30 to 9:30, this is a location change for this event, also necessary this year due to Prom preparations. The Baby Contest and the Pet Parade are also scheduled . Saturday night at 7:00pm the "Stardusters" swing band will be in concert at the Orleans Christian Church's Unity Hall.
* Sunday, April 29th, the Little Miss Dogwood Pageant will be held at the Orleans Elementary School beginning at 2:00pm.
* Monday night, April 30th, will see local entertainment with performances by the "Orleans Bulldog Regiment", the "Redline" Dance Team, and the WUME Lip Sync Contest.
* Tuesday night, May 1st, the Phi Beta Psi Style Show and Salad Supper will take place at the Orleans Elementary School Gym.
* Thursday night, May 3rd, Tim Key and "Grandview Junction" will be in concert on the Main Stage.
* Friday night, May 4th, "Dogwood Idol" returns, "Forever Gold" will perform and the United Methodist Church Ham & Bean Supper will be from 5-7.
* Saturday, May 5th, the morning begins with the Kiwanis Community Breakfast and the Dogwood Pedal, the 2nd year for this event, the proceeds benefit the USO. The Dogwood Pedal is a great cycling event for riders of all levels to enjoy. There are routes for the entire family with a total of 52 miles available for hard-core riders. The 44th Annual Dogwood Festival Parade will kick off at 2:00pm. Sean Steele and "Helton Ridge" band will perform on the Main Stage immediately following the parade.
* Sunday afternoon, May 6th, there will be "Games on the Green" in Congress Square beginning at 2:00pm this new event invites the community to come together to relax and play games (checkers, chess, croquet, badminton, cards, board games, etc) in Congress Square. The Vesper Service will be at 6pm, area congregations are encouraged to join together in this service. Judith Montgomery will perform following the service, as the Festival week comes to a close.
Through out the week other activities will be on going. The Carnival and Midway sponsored by the American Legion, Photo Contest, Silent Auction, Horse Shoe Tourney and The Student Art Show at the Orleans Public Library. New additions to this year's Festival will be an Art Walk to display the art of Orleans artists and an Acoustic Jam for local musicians.
There are other activities still in the planning stages and still the opportunity to be a part of this years Festival.
The next Meeting of the Festival Committee is February 7, 2012 6:30 pm at the Orleans Town Hall, the community is welcome and encouraged to attend.
You may contact the Festival Committee by email : DogwoodFest2012@yahoo.com or by phone Chairman Tami Ehinger 865-6774.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page