WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Mitchell Firefighters Battling Blaze At Home On West Warren Street

Last updated on Wednesday, February 1, 2012

(MITCHELL) - It only took 20 minutes for Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department to knock down a blaze at home at 321 West Warren Street.

Firefighters were called to the fire at 7:19 a.m. Shelly Cleek lives in the home.

Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department Chief Tyler Duncan says the fire started by an electrical over load on a circuit, behind the refrigerator.

"The fire burned up the wall and into the attic area," Duncan says. "Most of their belongings are salvageable. The damage was contained to the kitchen, utility room and a bathroom and the attic area."

Duncan says firefighters did a great job getting the fire under control.

"This is an older home and there are false walls and a lot of areas where the fire can hide, he added. "Most of our time was spent finding those hidden hot spots."

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page