News Sections
Mitchell Firefighters Battling Blaze At Home On West Warren Street
Updated May 5, 2013 1:05 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - It only took 20 minutes for Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department to knock down a blaze at home at 321 West Warren Street.

Firefighters were called to the fire at 7:19 a.m. Shelly Cleek lives in the home.

Mitchell Volunteer Fire Department Chief Tyler Duncan says the fire started by an electrical over load on a circuit, behind the refrigerator.

"The fire burned up the wall and into the attic area," Duncan says. "Most of their belongings are salvageable. The damage was contained to the kitchen, utility room and a bathroom and the attic area."

Duncan says firefighters did a great job getting the fire under control.

"This is an older home and there are false walls and a lot of areas where the fire can hide, he added. "Most of our time was spent finding those hidden hot spots."

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File