(UNDATED) - Kindergarten screenings will begin next month for students entering the North Lawrence school system as well as St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School.
The schedule is as follows:
- March 15: Springville (279-1388)
- March 29: Dollens (275-3885)
- March 30: Shawswick (279-3115)
- April 2 (morning): Heltonville (834-6632)
- April 3: Needmore (279-2192)
- April 4: Fayetteville (279-2376)
- April 9: Lincoln (275-6311)
- April 10: Parkview Primary (275-2333)
- April 11 (morning): Parkview primary (275-2333)
- April 12: Stalker (275-4821)
- April 18: St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School (279-2540)
Parents should call the school before the screening date to make an appointment. On the day of the screening, parents should bring the child, the child's birth certificate and immunization records, and proof of custody (if applicable).
Children must be 5 years old on or before Aug. 1 to enroll.
Representatives of the Lawrence County Health Department will be available at all kindergarten roundups to vaccinate children. This service will be available for children with no insurance, those with insurance that does not cover vaccines, and children with Medicaid. Children with Medicaid will need to provide Medicaid cards.
North Lawrence officials encourage parents of children with insurance that covers vaccines to set up an appointment with a physician.
The state-funded Vaccine for Children Program will no longer apply to children who are fully covered by insurance, and the health department is not set up to bill insurance companies.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org