WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Car Catches Fire, Fire Damages Washington Home

Last updated on Monday, February 6, 2012

(WASHINGTON) - A car caught fire at the home belonging to Robert Wichman at 5295N 100W.

According to Plainville Fire Chief Denny Eaton, the Wichmans thought the car smelled hot when they arrived home from the grocery store and went into the house.

A short time later, it caught fire. The garage and its contents were a total loss and there was minor damage to the house.

Sheriff's Dispatch received the 911 call at 4:57 p.m., and Plainville volunteer firefighters responded to the scene. Washington Township offered support during the incident.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page