News Sections
Audio
Car Catches Fire, Fire Damages Washington Home
Updated May 5, 2013 1:05 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(WASHINGTON) - A car caught fire at the home belonging to Robert Wichman at 5295N 100W.

According to Plainville Fire Chief Denny Eaton, the Wichmans thought the car smelled hot when they arrived home from the grocery store and went into the house.

A short time later, it caught fire. The garage and its contents were a total loss and there was minor damage to the house.

Sheriff's Dispatch received the 911 call at 4:57 p.m., and Plainville volunteer firefighters responded to the scene. Washington Township offered support during the incident.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2014 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  About  |  Feedback