News Sections
Firefighters Save Mobile Home
Updated May 5, 2013 1:05 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(SPRINGVILLE) Because of the quick actions of two volunteer fire departments a mobile home was saved Tuesday night.

Perry and Oolitic volunteer firefighters were called to a mobile home on a private lane, off Ind. 54, about a mile west of Springville. The fire was reported at 6:17 p.m.

Perry Volunteer Fire Department Chief Max Peters said the fire started in the laundry room ceiling, and was electrical in nature.

The fire was put out quickly, thanks to the fast response of both departments.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File