WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Orleans Family Homeless Following Fire

Last updated on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

(ORLEANS) - An Orleans area family was displaced by a house fire Friday evening.

Chief Bill Sallee, of the Orange Country Rural District II Volunteer Fire Department, did not have access to the fire report but said the family of four, whose last name is Campbell, are without a home.

The family were renting the home on County Road 325 East, from Lee Gerkin.

The family was home when the fire started and were able to get out uninjured. The house is still standing, but the roof was gone following the incident. Firefighters were on the scene for about 4 hours.

Firefighters said the blaze started in an electrical box in the second story of the home.

The fire was dispatched shortly after 5 p.m. Friday. Sallee said departments from Livonia and Marion Township assisted at the scene.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page