News Sections
Orleans Family Homeless Following Fire
Updated May 5, 2013 1:05 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(ORLEANS) - An Orleans area family was displaced by a house fire Friday evening.

Chief Bill Sallee, of the Orange Country Rural District II Volunteer Fire Department, did not have access to the fire report but said the family of four, whose last name is Campbell, are without a home.

The family were renting the home on County Road 325 East, from Lee Gerkin.

The family was home when the fire started and were able to get out uninjured. The house is still standing, but the roof was gone following the incident. Firefighters were on the scene for about 4 hours.

Firefighters said the blaze started in an electrical box in the second story of the home.

The fire was dispatched shortly after 5 p.m. Friday. Sallee said departments from Livonia and Marion Township assisted at the scene.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File