(ORLEANS) - The Orleans Chamber "Christmas on the Square" will be Dec. 10 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The evening will be filled with several activities for the family. A live nativity will be set up inside the park to tell the traditional Christmas story. Several churches will be caroling and providing special music in the park.
The following is a list of activities to enjoy.
* Orleans Methodist Church will serve a soup supper from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. with a cookie walk from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the basement of the church.
* The Orleans High School Dance Team and band will perform.
* Santa and Mrs. Claus will arrive in a fire truck at the bandstand around 6:30 p.m. The Orleans Elementary School Choir will welcome Santa with song.
* Paoli Inc. is providing a Children's Christmas Train Ride around the square.
* Brack Coulter will offer Horse and Wagon rides.
* Orleans Tri Kappa will be selling a variety of homemade cookies and hot
choc. with proceeds benefiting the Orleans Food Pantry
* Busy Bz's will offer up its tasty old-fashioned Kettle Corn.
* Orleans Phi Beta will have a booth and Two Hearts Kitchen will also have a variety of
their sweets & treats available for purchase that evening.
The Chamber's Visitor Center, located on the north side of the square will be open for visitors to come in and get warm for a bit and purchase chamber related items like: ornaments, Historic Orleans Throws and dogwood items. Children can pick up a Postcard for Santa. Judy Boyer will also be there to read Christmas stories to the youngsters.
Several of the specialty shops and eateries around the square will be open
with extended hours that evening as well.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com