News Sections
Fire Leaves Resident Needing Household Goods
Updated May 5, 2013 1:05 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MITCHELL) - A grease fire destroyed an apartment at Persimmon Park Apartments Saturday afternoon, leaving a family of seven needing household goods.

The Mitchell Fire Department was able to extinguish the blaze in four minutes. The apartment was being rented by Tresa Hamilton, who was at the store when the fire started. Her teenage son was home at the time of the incident and was not injured in the blaze.

The fire started when grease in a pan was left unattended on the stove. The fire destroyed the apartment and the one below suffered water damage, according to Mitchell Fire Chief Tyler Duncan.

Hamilton did lose just about everything in the fire and family members are taking up donations of household goods to help Hamilton get back on her feet. Donations can be dropped off at 911 W. Brook St., in Mitchell. The house where items can be donated is located directly west of the Masonic Lodge.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File