Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Tuesday, November 22, 2011
(BEDFORD) - Four Bedford police officers received letters of commendation at the Bedford Board of Works meeting on Monday afternoon.
BPD Capt. Jeremy Bridges, Officers Justin Gilbert, Cory Thomas and Morgan Lee were praised for how they apprehended and handled an arrest on Oct. 28.
"They were dealing with something like you see on T.V.," said BPD Chief Dennis Parsley. "I was so impressed with how they handled the situation, arrest and showed professionalism and restraint."
Parsley was referring to the arrest of 26-year-old Anthony Burns and 26-year-old Crystal Potter.
The couple are accused of taking items from Long's Landing and leading police on a chase that went through numerous back yards and then led them crashing through the gates at Cosner's Ice Company several times. The chase ended after they crashed into a police cruiser.
Burns refused to exit the car he was driving and had to be forcefully removed. Then, at the police station, he tried to escape by knocking down the officer and running down an alley. Police stopped Burns by using a taser. The two were charged with burglary, possession of stolen property and possession of marijuana.
In other business:
* The board received one bid from infrastructure Inc., of Orleans for the sewer improvements on John Williams Blvd.
* Approved GAI Consultant Contract to do a sign inventory and global positioning plotting for all city signs. The city will pay for the work with a $50,000 grant with a $5,000 contribution from the city.
* Approved the lease agreement for color printed Xerox copiers with Patrick Leone for five multi-functional devises. The lease is for 5 years and will save the city $792.18 a month and more than $47,000 in five years.
* BPD Chief Dennis Parsley presented a street light study for Plaza Drive North. Police determined the streets well lit except behind Mr. Gatti's and the access road to Kmart and the Church of God. The board approved for Duke Energy to place a light in that area.
* Approved to pay Sanders Services for roofing City Hall pending inspection of the roof by Plan Director Dan Kirk.
* Approved an easement for Travis and Amber Thorne to enter their property located behind the sewer plant near the White River.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page