Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Tuesday, October 11, 2011
(UNDATED) - Area high school marching bands performed at invitationals over the weekend as they worked to perfect their programs in anticipation of regional competition next weekend.
Here's where they finished on Saturday:
In the Cavalcade of Champions contest at Center Grove:
* Jasper finished second in Class B
* Northview took first place and picked up Best Music, Visual, and General Effect
* Southridge finished fourth in Class C
* Springs Valley took first in Class D with awards for Best Music, Visual and General Effect
* Crawford County finished 7th in Class D
In the South Spencer Invitational:
* Forest Park finished first in Class D and picked up Best Music, Visual, and General Effect.
* Perry Central was third, followed by Tecumseh and Tell City
* Gibson Southern finished first in Class C and also picked up Best Music, Visual and General Effect.
* Heritage Hills was second, with Boonville third and Pike Central fourth.
The Salem Invitational:
* Orleans sweep Class AA with a first place finish and awards for Best Music, Visual, General Effect, Auxiliary, and Percussion
* Paoli was awarded first in Class AAA with Best Music, Visual, General Effect and Percussion
In the Mid-States contest in Mt. Vernon:
* Mater Dei was first in Class A followed by North Posey and Washington with second and third place finishes.
* In Class AA, Princeton finished second.
Bands that got gold ratings in District Competition move on to Regionals this coming weekend. Jasper and Forest Park will both march at Evansville Central, while Southridge will march at Center Grove High School in Greenwood. The top finishers at Regionals will move on to Semi-State the following weekend.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page