(BEDFORD) - Voters can cast early ballots for city and town races in the Lawrence County Courthouse, starting Wednesday.
The end of the business day today is the deadline to register to vote.
The Voter Registration Office, in Room 20 of the courthouse, will be open from 8:30 a.m. to noon and from 1-4 p.m. on specific dates for early absentee balloting. The office is closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m.
Voters must show a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or a state or federal ID, to be issued a ballot for the Nov. 8th elections.
The dates for early voting are: Oct. 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28 and Nov. 2, 3 and 4. In addition, the office will be open from 8:30 a.m. to noon on two Saturdays, Oct. 29 and Nov. 5, to accommodate early voters.
Mitchell voters who previously cast ballots at Mitchell City Hall will now vote at the First Baptist Christian Life Center, 723 W. Frank St. The other polling place is the Community Center on Tom Green Drive.
Here is a list of precinct polling places
- Shawswick 1A: Oakland City University Bedford, 405 I St. (use the Fourth Street entrance).
- Shawswick 1B: Oakland City University Bedford, 405 I St. (use the Fourth Street entrance).
- Shawswick 2: Lawrence County Courthouse lobby in downtown Bedford.
- Shawswick 3: Lawrence County Courthouse lobby in downtown Bedford.
- Shawswick 4: First Wesleyan Church, 2401 H St.
- Shawswick 5A: Wilson Park Shelter House off Denson Ave.
- Shawswick 5B: First Assembly of God, 2601 27th St.
- Shawswick 6: Limestone Girls Club, 2009 19th St.
- Shawswick 7A: First Church of God, 3131 16th St.
- Shawswick 7B: First Church of God, 3131 16th St.
- Shawswick 8: First Baptist Church, 1515 20th St.
- Shawswick 9: Free Methodist Church, 640 R St.
- Shawswick 10: Free Methodist Church, 640 R St.
- Shawswick 11: Otis Park Red Brick, 607 Tunnelton Road.
- Shawswick 12: Oolitic Fire Department, 5 Hoosier Ave.
- Shawswick 16: Grace Full Gospel Church, 3802 Kenny Simpson Lane.
- Marion 1: First Baptist Christian
- Life Center, 723 W. Frank St.
- Marion 2: Mitchell Community Center, 101 Tom Green Drive.
- Marion 3: Mitchell Community Center, 101 Tom Green Drive.
- Marion 4: First Baptist Christian Life Center, 723 W. Frank St.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com