WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Pets Perish In Blaze In Linton

Last updated on Thursday, September 1, 2011

(LINTON) - Several family pets died in a fire that destroyed a home on Southeast 6th Street in Linton early Wednesday morning.

The home, located at 139 S.E. 6th Street, suffered significant damage, said Linton Fire Chief Gary Tannehill.

Linton Fire Department Inspectors believe the blaze at the Jackie S. Jones residence was caused by a candle left burning on the front porch. A final report from the state fire marshal's office is pending, said Tannehill.

The blaze started at 2:30 a.m.and was contained within 30 minutes.

No one was injured in the fire, but Jones' pets perished. The family lost a couple of cats, some kittens and two dogs, Tannehill said.

Wright Township firefighters assisted Linton firefighters in extinguishing the blaze.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page