News Sections
Pets Perish In Blaze In Linton
Updated May 5, 2013 1:04 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(LINTON) - Several family pets died in a fire that destroyed a home on Southeast 6th Street in Linton early Wednesday morning.

The home, located at 139 S.E. 6th Street, suffered significant damage, said Linton Fire Chief Gary Tannehill.

Linton Fire Department Inspectors believe the blaze at the Jackie S. Jones residence was caused by a candle left burning on the front porch. A final report from the state fire marshal's office is pending, said Tannehill.

The blaze started at 2:30 a.m.and was contained within 30 minutes.

No one was injured in the fire, but Jones' pets perished. The family lost a couple of cats, some kittens and two dogs, Tannehill said.

Wright Township firefighters assisted Linton firefighters in extinguishing the blaze.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File