(UNDATED) -This past weekend, area high school marching bands competed as they continue to hone their skills and perfect their programs in anticipation of the ISSMA State Finals competition at the end of October at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
Some Schools participated in more than one contest. Here are the results of contests in our area and how schools placed:
In the Pride of Paoli Invitational:
- In class A, Crawford County finished fourth, Northeast Dubois finished seventh.
- In class AA, Boonville was first, Tell City Second, Orleans finished third.
- In class AAA, Springs Valley was first, Heritage Hills finished fifth.
- In class AAAA, Castle was first, Jasper finished second.
- The overall people's choice for the contest was Bedford-North Lawrence. They finished third in the AAA class.
In the North Harrison Invitational: Crawford County was second in Class A; In Class AA Southridge finished first and Orleans finished second; Paoli finished second in Class AAA and Floyd Central was picked as Grand Champion.
In the Field of Dreams Invitational at North Posey: South Spencer was second, Perry Central third and Tecumseh fourth in Class A. Pike Central finished first in Class AA. In Class AAA, Southridge finished first and tied with F. J. Reitz for the Overall Music Award.
Finally, at Apollo High School in Owensboro, Forest Park finished first in Class A, and Second overall in the Apollo Marching Classic. The Marching Rangers also picked up best color guard and best percussion in their Class.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org