News Sections
Heat Lamp Blamed For Causing House Fire
Updated May 5, 2013 1:04 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - A fire Monday morning destroyed a home on Edgewood Drive.

Robin and Jill Roberts were not home when the fire started.

The fire was reported after neighbors saw smoke and called Jill Roberts, who works at IU Health Bedford Hospital. She walked home and firefighters were called at 10:42 a.m.

Heavy smoke was coming from the attic area of the house and the roof when firefighters arrived.

"The fire had been smoldering for some time, so it had a head start," says Bedford Fire Department Chief Jon Wagner. "The men did an excellent job bring it under control."

Two dogs died in the blaze, but firefighters were able to save the family's cat after finding it in the smoke-filled basement.

"We gave it a little oxygen and the little fellow came around," says Wagner.

Bedford Fire Department investigator Brent Allen believes the fire was cause by a heat lamp that was left on.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File