Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Monday, September 12, 2011
(HELMSBURG) - Nearly 100 firefighters spent Saturday afternoon battling a fire at a factory in Helmsburg in Brown County.
The fire started in the For Bare Feet sock factory around 1:30pm Saturday.
Firefighters believe the fire started in an outdoor generator and spread to the machine room that contains fabric, thread and other materials. No one was injured in the fire.
Investigators have not released a damage estimate or how the fire started.
The owner of a warehouse plans to rebuild. Shannon Riverbark built the "For Bare Feet" warehouse 27 years ago. They are well-known for making all kinds of socks and selling them around the world.
Fire caused the roof to collapse and damage equipment and merchandise inside.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page