Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Saturday, September 3, 2011
(UNDATED) - The Indiana Department of Homeland Security received notification that the Federal Emergency Management Agency had denied the state’s appeal for a disaster declaration due to spring storms.
Director of Response and Recovery Arvin Copeland says the request had been made for 11 southern Indiana counties that sustained damage from high winds and flooding. The 11 counties in the request were Decatur, Dubois, Gibson, Greene, Harrison, Lawrence, Monroe, Pike, Posey, Vanderburgh and Vigo.
Arvin says the request denial wasn't a big surprise but was still unfortunate.
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page