WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Employee Puts Fire Out At Jackson Mini Mart

Last updated on Thursday, September 29, 2011

(BEDFORD) - The quick thinking of a Jackson Mini Mart employee stopped a potential disaster when a fire started in a light fixture over the gas pumps early Wednesday morning.

The employee said he heard a loud pop and looked out the window to see plastic dripping on the pavement and a fire on the ground.

The employee used a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze before the Bedford Fire Department arrived.

There was minimal damage to the light fixture.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page