News Sections
Audio
Employee Puts Fire Out At Jackson Mini Mart
Updated May 5, 2013 1:04 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - The quick thinking of a Jackson Mini Mart employee stopped a potential disaster when a fire started in a light fixture over the gas pumps early Wednesday morning.

The employee said he heard a loud pop and looked out the window to see plastic dripping on the pavement and a fire on the ground.

The employee used a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze before the Bedford Fire Department arrived.

There was minimal damage to the light fixture.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback