Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Friday, September 9, 2011
(BEDFORD) - Shawswick Volunteer Firefighters went to a home on Locust Road to battle a barn fire on Thursday night.
Thomas Clouse, called 911 at 6:18 p.m. and told the dispatcher that it looked like someone poured gasoline on his barn.
It took firefighters less than 30 minutes to contain the blaze.
Clouse and his 20-year-old grandson had bulldozed the barn down and had started a small fire to burn some of the debris, said Shawswick Volunteer Fire Department Chief Bobby Brown.
"He left the grandson to watch it while he went to get a tractor part," Brown said.
When Clouse returned, the barn was engulfed in flames.
"He was afraid the fire would spread to a corn field, about 15 feet away," Brown added. "We just helped get the fire under control and put it out."
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at email@example.com
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page