News Sections
Audio
Barn Fire On Locust Road
Updated May 5, 2013 1:04 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BEDFORD) - Shawswick Volunteer Firefighters went to a home on Locust Road to battle a barn fire on Thursday night.

Thomas Clouse, called 911 at 6:18 p.m. and told the dispatcher that it looked like someone poured gasoline on his barn.

It took firefighters less than 30 minutes to contain the blaze.

Clouse and his 20-year-old grandson had bulldozed the barn down and had started a small fire to burn some of the debris, said Shawswick Volunteer Fire Department Chief Bobby Brown.

"He left the grandson to watch it while he went to get a tractor part," Brown said.

When Clouse returned, the barn was engulfed in flames.

"He was afraid the fire would spread to a corn field, about 15 feet away," Brown added. "We just helped get the fire under control and put it out."



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback