(MITCHELL) - Rain didn't keep motorists from trying to put a shine on their vehicles in hopes of winning a trophy at the 65th Annual Persimmon Festival Automobile Show in Mitchell Saturday.
John McClain, chairman for the event, says the event went well even with a few rain showers.
The event was held behind Hoosier Uplands at the intersection of Mississippi Avenue and 5th Street, behind the Commercial Tent.
Trophies were awarded in each class for first, second, third and honorable mention.
Two special trophies will be awarded for People's Choice and the Mayor's Choice.
Car Show Results:
A. Stock up to 1950:
1. Harrison Collins, 1935 Plymouth
2. Noel Brumage, 1939 Chevrolet
B Stock 1951-80:
1. Roger Chaney, 1971 AMC Jeep
2. Brian Jones, 1971 Nova SS
3. John Smith, 1966 Mustang
C. Stock 1981-present:
1. Gary Bell, Chevy 1500
2. Larry Bell, 1995 Ford
1. Artie Grimaldo, 1948 Chevy Delivery Sedan
2. James Holt, 1940 Chevy Sedan
3. Tom Hardwick, 1917 Dodge Brother
E. Pro Stock 1949-present:
1. Gary Bell, 1973 VW Rail
1. John Jones, 2008 Harley Davidson
2. John Nicholson, 1993 Harley Electra Glide
3. Mandie Pemberton, 2006 Yamaha V-star
N. Hillybilly 500 class:
1. 7-year-old John Clayton McLain
1. Paul Brown
2. Adam Brown
3. Randy Tummers, 1950 John Deere R
Honorable Mention. Carl Farley, 1948 Farm All Cub
Artie Grimaldo, 1948 Chevy Delivery Sedan
Brian Jones, 1971 Nova SS
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org