Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Wednesday, April 20, 2011
(UNDATED) - Tuesday night storms produced damage for several Indiana communities.
A funnel cloud was sighted in Tippecanoe County, but it did not touch down.
The winds blew several tree limbs down in the area.
There have also been unconfirmed reports of a possible tornado touchdown in Crawfordsville.
Boone and Clinton counties also had reports of damage from loose tree limbs.
Two semis were blown over by the wind on Interstate 65 at the Boone/Clinton County line.
Locally, police say that all major highway roads remain open with a large majority of county roads being closed due to flooding.
The following roads are closed in Lawrence County:
- Peerless Road is closed between Harold smith Road and McFadden Ridge Road due to trees down in power lines.
- Greer Lane is closed between State Road 54 and Indian Creek Church Camp Road.
- Reuter Lane is closed between State Road 54 and Indian Creek Church Camp Road.
- Dutch Ridge Road in Northern Lawrence County is closed.
- Little Salt Creek Run Road is blocked high water.
- Sherwood Road near Bryantsville will be closed.
- Mitchell City Offices will be closed until power returns.
- Lawrence County Community Schools will also be on a 2-hour delay this morning.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page