WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Citizens Urged To Use Caution When Using Space Heaters

Last updated on Tuesday, December 21, 2010

(SEYMOUR, IN) - Recent fires all throughout the listening area underscore the need for people using space heaters to use them with caution.

Local fire officials say the leading cause of fire here in the wintertime is either sparked by space heaters and other alternative heating sources.

According to the Indiana Department of Homeland Security, the second leading cause of home fires in the U.S. in 2008 was heating equipment.

Residents advised to keep fire extinguishers on hand and know how to use them.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page