(SEYMOUR, IN) - Recent fires all throughout the listening area underscore the need for people using space heaters to use them with caution.
Local fire officials say the leading cause of fire here in the wintertime is either sparked by space heaters and other alternative heating sources.
According to the Indiana Department of Homeland Security, the second leading cause of home fires in the U.S. in 2008 was heating equipment.
Residents advised to keep fire extinguishers on hand and know how to use them.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org