WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Couple Dies From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Last updated on Wednesday, October 20, 2010

(BLOOMFIELD, IN) - An elderly Greene County couple died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

90-year-old James and Cora Elizabeth Letsinger died after a vehicle was left running in their garage that was attached to their home.

According to a coroner's investigation, the Letsingers had been to an event on Sunday and had returned home, were probably tired and had gone to bed with the car still running.

Officials say that Mr. Letsinger was very hard of hearing and might not have realized the vehicle was not turned off.

The deaths have been ruled accidental.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page