WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Tree Ignites While Teens Play With Fireworks

Last updated on Wednesday, July 14, 2010

(HUNTINGNURG, IN) - Firefighters battled a blaze in a hollow tree Saturday evening in Orange County.

Firefighters were called to a home on South Main Street with the fire being extinguished within a few minutes.

Fire officials say that the fire was caused by a group of teens playing with fireworks.

Indiana state law stipulates that juveniles playing with fireworks must have adult supervision at all times and that fireworks can only be used with the property owners' permission.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page