News Sections
Tree Ignites While Teens Play With Fireworks
Updated May 5, 2013 1:03 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(HUNTINGNURG, IN) - Firefighters battled a blaze in a hollow tree Saturday evening in Orange County.

Firefighters were called to a home on South Main Street with the fire being extinguished within a few minutes.

Fire officials say that the fire was caused by a group of teens playing with fireworks.

Indiana state law stipulates that juveniles playing with fireworks must have adult supervision at all times and that fireworks can only be used with the property owners' permission.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File