WBIW.com News - local

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Baby Rescued From Smoking Apartment

Last updated on Monday, May 3, 2010

(BLOOMINGTON, IN) - A woman and her baby were rescued from a smoke-filled apartment early Saturday morning.

According to police reports, Sara Deloney who was intoxicated, left eggs burning on a stove and then fallen asleep with her baby on a couch.

A neighbor informed fire officials that she had been hearing an alarm going off "for a long time" and smelled something burning.

24-year-old Deloney was booked into the Monroe County Jail on a preliminary charge of neglect of a dependent.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page